February 9, 2006

Secret Pal Seven Package

I am a blogging machine! So many posts! But Matt has taken over the tv in order to relive the glory of the superbowl via Madden ’05 so I’m in here with the little dog on my lap bloggin’ away. Life is good.

So I had a very long day at work today…… I won’t go into details but I had a big meeting and there’s this deadline coming up and it’s just getting stressful… so I get home and there is a SECRET PAL PACKAGE waiting for me! I feel like the luckiest girl ever! Here’s what was inside:
Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com

It’s a notecard that has a red hat lady on it that I will be sure to show my grandma Bobbie, 2 packages of beads that are so beautiful and may become stitch markers in the near future (by the way hematite is my favorite stone! Good call on that one!), some yummy chocolate which is always good, the pattern for the Ribby Cardy which is something I’ve been thinking about knitting forever but have been too indecisive to buy the pattern. Now that I have the pattern this may have to move to the top of my list of things to knit!… and also…5 balls of Luna Endless Summer in the most lovely shiny pink. I love, love, love shiny pink!!!! I’ve never used this yarn before but it is gorgeous!!! I love it. Here’s a better shot of the color.
Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com

I’m sure that the second the Knitting Olympics are over I will be searching for patterns for this yarn… I’m thinking a cute springy tank top? Perhaps with some lacy trim or some other cool detailing? Any suggestions?

Oh and I think my secret pal lives in New York City right now but she said that she is originally from Cleveland and that’s just so cool. She also has a dog and is into the beading thing… whoever made these matches did a really good job.

THANK YOU SECRET PAL!!!

1 comment:

  1. u r one lucky sp-er...and i love the yarn...can't wait to see what u come up w/ for it. hematite is also a fave of mine and i have no cool stitch markers...guess i'll have to get some supplies and u can show me how to make some at snb or some other time that we get together to knit since we all seem so busy on tuesday nights these days.
    when ur bored, let me know what kind of supplies i need to make stitch markers so i can pick it up and bring it w/ me one of these nights.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...