February 14, 2006

Happy Valentines Day!

So I have the best husband ever. In our 7 plus years together we have never done anything for Valentines Day other than a card. Seriously. It’s just not that big of a thing for us (although I do still have the very first V-day card he ever gave me from back in ‘99). Plus having to give gifts stresses Matt out bigtime… and who needs stress over something as silly as ValentinesDay? And I really wasn’t expecting anything this year since every spare penny is going to either doing things to the house or saving for one of the many trips we have planned…. Well last night he came home with chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate covered grapes from Malley’s. Oh my gosh. Totally didn’t expect that. Malley’s chocolate strawberries are my favorite food EVER. Actually Malley’s chocolates in general will win my heart every time….what a guy.

I also got this Valentine in the mail yesterday:

It’s a table runner that my grandma randomly made for me. I can’t wait to see her this weekend! Also if you look at the aloe you can see the houseplant gnome Rgill gave me peeking out...

Ok I have to go knit during the rest of lunch if I’m ever going to get this modified Tempting II done for my gold medal…. Here’s where I was as of this morning….

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com

I tried it on last night and it fits great – and I think the shaping is looking really nice…. But what the hell was I thinking when I switched to a much smaller needle? I cast on 260 stitches… which is like twice what it would have been had I stuck to the pattern as written. I’m stooopid. I figure I have to knit about an inch and a half per day to be able to get this bad boy done… so I’ll be knitting at lunch, on the bus, in the car on the way to work, while cooking dinner, while playing with the dog, while doing everything…. I so want that gold medal….

Oh and speaking of medals check out this site: Olympic Medal Winners. It’s the closest thing to an IMDB for the Olympics that LB has found…. Very informative.

1 comment:

  1. Malley's chocolate strawberries... yum!

    Your Tempting looks good too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...