March 5, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Home from the Hospital.

So today Matt's brother and sister-in-law are bringing their second child home from the hospital.  We talked to them for awhile last night about the logistics of all of it.  It brought back a whole slew of memories.  So how about a Throwback Thursday Home from the Hospital style.

Here's Round 1 back in March of 2009:

headed home
I remember starting to go down the road of "I can't believe they are letting us take this baby home!" and Matt SHUTTING ME DOWN.  His take on it? "Yeah she's OUR kid.  Of course we are taking her home.  No one can care for her better than we can.  Period."  And that was it.  No more jitters.  Because he was completely right:

headed home
Then Round 2.  When I thought our girl would want to ride on my lap with me out of the hospital.  Yeah not so much:

HELPING
She wanted to help push because she was a BIG GIRL.  That was pretty much her attitude from there on out.

Home
We were also super worried that time about our dog.  She was pretty new to our family and kindof a crazy pooch:

DOT
The big introduction.  She was fine with him pretty quickly.
Round 3 was completely different.  We were outnumbered!  And I COULD NOT WAIT to get home.  The hospital stay - being on my own away from the other two and under the care of nurses who had AGENDAS - was awful.  We couldn't get out of their fast enough:

Bringing tiny home
Run! Don't even stop for a picture just GET. ME. HOME.
The Dude did want to ride with me.  He wanted everything with me.  He was not so into being helpful or acknowledging his sibling at all:

Bringing tiny home
The girl helping me give her new brother a bath while the dude sulks in the background.  Pretty perfect summary of the day.
He got over it eventually and now they are best of friends - they are literally racing cars together under my legs as I write this.  The dog introduction was very different this time around as well.  Tiny got dumped in the middle of the kitchen while we were unloading/taking care of the other two.  And then we were like oh, right.  Someone should have told the dog:

Bringing tiny home
I think she sniffed him once and moved on with her life.  Babies aren't that interesting to dogs until they get in a high chair.  My biggest memory from that time, though was that sometime while I was in the hospital the girl took a huge chunk out of her hair.  It was BAD.  So I left my Tiny, hoped he wouldn't need to nurse in the hour I was gone, and took my daughter for her first haircut.  MILESTONES:

She had her first haircut ever today.  A few inches shorter and it's a lot curlier! #redhead #picstitch
It was a good introduction into the world of trying to manage THREE.  So yeah.  Those first few days home - especially with other kids in the mix - are INTENSE.  Intense and kindof magical. 
There's just something about a newborn.... #love #siblings

We wish them well!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...