March 11, 2015

Lake Erie Thaw.

Edgewater park in the fog.


So Lake Erie is starting to thaw!  It was 45 and sunny today!  Spring might actually be a thing that is possible!  And it's all causing some crazy awesome Great Lakes weather.  Of course I had to take the kids to check it out.

Edgewater Thaw

We stopped by Edgewater Park on the way home from school today.  And it was basically an alien landscape. 

Edgewater Thaw
The blue skies and sunshine against a crazy thick fog and still iced over lake well... I really wish I had brought my good camera:

Edgewater Thaw
Edgewater Thaw

Edgewater Thaw

Although I probably had too much to manage what with 3 small kids and the dog...

Edgewater Thaw

They were super into climbing on the rocks.  Which was all sorts of fun:
Edgewater Thaw
Edgewater Thaw

Edgewater Thaw
Although 2/3 kids have NO FEAR which... yeah it made for a bit of yelling when the girl was determined to climb to the lake. 

Edgewater Thaw
Seriously, child.  You are making me nervous.
I don't think she quite realized that Lake Erie was the giant ice cube in front of her.  Once that was clear she wanted to walk on it.  Which, no.  Not with little ones.  Not during a thaw.

Edgewater Thaw


Although we did check out the beach.

Edgewater Thaw

Kindof.  I realized that sand + melting ice = a terrible plan.  So we drove around to the pier and checked that out instead:

Edgewater Thaw
On the way home we stopped off at our city view place taking bets along the way about if we would be able to see the sky line.  It's usually a great view - Lake Erie in the foreground, Cleveland in the background.  I've posted that shot here many times.  I figured it was about a 50/50 chance of seeing the city.  Turns out I was right.  We could see 50% of the city:

Edgewater Thaw

 My daughter thought it looked like someone erased the bottom half.  Word:

Edgewater Thaw
Yay for spring!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...