April 28, 2013

Roller Coaster of Insanity.

So. Wow.  A couple of weeks went by there didn't they.  Basically our lives lately have been .... well... exactly like the weather.  A roller coaster of insanity.  70 and sunny one day! 30 and sleet/snow/hailing the next!  You never know what's going to happen next!  Let's break it down:

The Good:  The Dude's 2nd Birthday.  He turned 2 and it was awesome:

The Dude turns 2
Presents!

Birthday boy!  I think he loves his new toy! (Yes I realize that we've armed our 2yo w a bat.  Outside toy FTW!) #birthday #2 #boymom #onlythebeginning #happyincle
Balls!

Mexican for the dude's birthday - It's becoming a tradition!  Although he was NOT OK w the sombrero situation. #birthday #picstitch #latergram
Mexican food! Best Birthday Ever!  Except for that sombrero.  Screw that hat.

The Bad:  We spent a good chunk of his day driving to Pittsburgh and wrangling 2 kids in Ikea:

The Dude turns 2 The Dude turns 2
Had to be done.  We had some things to return (most notably a sink that was the wrong size) and other things to pick up.  We survived.  And our daughter got to unleash her inner designer, straight up insisting that we get orange towels for the new bathroom.  Ok then.

The Dude turns 2

The Good:  The real reason we were in Pittsburgh was for our nephew's baptism:

Baptizing baby L. #latergram

The Insane:  I also had a birthday.  33.  I expected it to suck considering that it was a Wed. and I had both kid's well baby doctor's visits that day.  Boo hiss.

IMG_9846
Happy Birthday!  You get to take your kids in for shots!
But it ended up kindof rocking.  Both kids are healthy and growing perfectly.  According to the doctor we're doing everything right.  And I had two unsolicited compliments from strangers on my kids' behavior.  My mom surprised me with an ice cream cake and my husband surprised me with a really thoughtful gift (We had talked about doing nothing at all so anything was unexpected).  Also we went to Dewey's for dinner and this happened:

IMG_9842
MEATBALL PIZZA?????  THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!
Healthy kids who are also well behaved, a family that loves me, and delicious pizza and ice cream cake?  What more could I possibly ask for.
My mom surprised me by dropping off Ice cream cake for my birthday! #picstitch #icecream #dq #yum #birthday
Except maybe not to share my ice cream cake.

The Bad but also kindof Good:  Painting.  So much Painting:

IMG_9920
Not this kind.
I had a show at Soft 'n Sassy last weekend.

IMG_9875

And then went home and did some more painting:

Home and exhausted after a long day of selling yarn?  Time to paint. #likeaboss #renovation
It's... been intense.  Many late nights.  My entire body is sore from the experience.  But it's basically done now!

Preview. #renovation #basement
A brief preview.  More on the insanity that was our color selection process later.

The So Very Bad:  Our flooring has been delayed.  It was supposed to be in last Tuesday.  It's still not in and won't be for another week.  I... yeah.  Furious doesn't even begin to describe.  Not only is it delayed but we had to pick an entirely different product.  I spent buckets of time yelling at people this week.  Exhausting.  Interestingly enough once I tweeted about how frustrated I was all of a sudden I got some results.  Amazing the power of social media!

 The Crazy Good:  Our carpet is in!  Installed and fantastic!

I left this message on the concrete floor for whoever pulls up the carpet that is being installed over it today. #timecapsule #renovation #hiddenmessage #latergram
Message I left on the floor under the carpet for whoever pulls it up.
And seeing our kids play in the new space has started to make this whole process worth it.

Checking out their new so very close to finished playroom! #picstitch #renovation #soclose #somuchtodo

The Insane:  I am 33 weeks pregnant.  I'm putting this one in the insane column because we?  ARE SO NOT EVEN CLOSE TO READY.  I mean it's ridiculous.  In 7 weeks we will have a baby and I don't even have a single onesie accessible let alone washed and ready to clothe a small child.  The crib is still firmly occupied by a 2 year old.  We have no room prepared.  All of the baby gear needs dug out of storage and washed.  And there's some big ticket things that we just straight up don't have (AHEM CARSEAT)  And... I can't even really think about any of it until the basement is done.  I've been telling the baby that by the time they get here Mommy and Daddy will have their shit together.  I AM LYING. 

The Even Better:  We took a mini getaway to Geneva-on-the-lake.  It was AMAZING.  Full post on our trip coming.  Until then I'll just leave you with a Lake Erie Sunset picture:

Enjoying a Lake Erie sunset at The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake. #happyincle #nofilter #lakeerie
Whew.  It think that about catches me up.  So much more coming!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...