September 25, 2012

Rosby's Berry Farm - a Fall Tradition.

So yesterday we did something that has become one of my favorite Cleveland fall traditions.  We went berry picking at Rosby's Berry Farm:

Raspberry Picking


I love this place.  So do my kids:

Raspberry Picking


Probably because it combines two of a toddler's favorite things.  Berries, and baskets:

Raspberry Picking


The kids got to hang out with their grandma:

Raspberry Picking


And nonni:

Raspberry Picking


And Papa nonni:
Raspberry Picking


And when I cut the dude off of berries out of the basket for fear he would explode he figured out pretty quickly how to get them from the source:
Raspberry Picking

Raspberry Picking
Although I think he liked watching the big trucks as much as he enjoyed eating the berries.  Dude is truck obsessed these days:

Raspberry Picking
I think everyone had a really nice time:
Raspberry Picking


Plus we ended up with something like 7 quarts:

Raspberry Picking

Which meant that I was able to do this:

Raspberry PickingRaspberry PickingRaspberry PickingRaspberry Picking
(the pic on the left is before adding sugar.  the one on the right after.  I had no idea what a difference in color it would make!)

I've never made jam on my own before.  I did it once with my mom but then it was pretty much just following her instructions.  I was a little nervous since I generally suck at things you have to measure precisely (aka anything involving following directions).  But it turned out holyshit good.

Lookie what I made!!!! #jam #raspberry #happyincle #yum

And my cans all popped:

Raspberry Picking
Such a satisfying sound!  It will be nice to have homemade raspberry jam to eat all winter.  And just for some bonus fun how about a couple of pictures from last year's raspberry picking that are so awesome I can't stand it:

Raspberry Picking 2011

And last year's group shot:

Raspberry Picking 2011

My kids are growing up fast...  One more for the road.... a berry hat comparison:

Berry Picking Raspberry Picking

First pic is my girl two years ago.  Second pic is the dude now.  Crazy how time flies!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...