September 12, 2012

A DK Weight Shawl - The Age of Brass and Steam.

So!  Just a quicky post to go up while I'm enjoying the beach.  This is a simple DK Weight Shawl that my mom knit for me as a sample of Destination Yarn Souvenir in a variegated colorway.  The pattern is the Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief by O.F. Patterns and tutorials.

DK Weight Shawl

 The pattern was a free Ravelry Download.  Love a free pattern!

DK Weight Shawl


The yarn is the super squishy DK weight Souvenir in the colorway Portland, Maine.  I love the navy blues and grays of the Atlantic Ocean (and the fact that I'm probably swimming in the Atlantic right now):

Portland Head Light
Us in Portland, Maine.  I was about 20 weeks pregnant with my daughter.  Who is now modeling the shawl.


DK Weight Shawl
Oh how time flies!
On  my kid this is a full sized shawl but on a person it's definitely shawlette sized.  Perfect to throw on now that there's starting to be a bit of a chill in the air.

DK Weight Shawl
According to my mom this pattern knit up in just a few evenings, took a bit less than one skein, and was super, super easy.  Sounds like the perfect project!  Anyways I'll be back to blogging actual live things soon.  Until then I hope you enjoyed the eye candy!

DK Weight Shawl
Oh and if you want this yarn unfortunately my Etsy site is down while I"m on vacation.  But!  I will be at Soft 'n Sassy for a Trunk Show with this and lots of other pretties on September 22.  Hope to see you there!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...