April 20, 2012

Mexican and Ice Cream Cake. An Awesome First Birthday.

So my little dude turned 1.

The Boy's First Birthday
The hell?  Wasn't I just born like yesterday?
We did lots of celebrating. 
The Boy's First Birthday
Of course you did.
Opening presents was a family affair:

The Boy's First Birthday
My sister got me a big green ball! She knows me so well!
Then it was onto the main event: Ice Cream Cake.

The Boy's First Birthday
I don't know what that is but I want it.
Because my guy loves him some ice cream. We discovered this in Florida when he literally gave himself chapped lips diving headfirst into my cone.

The Boy's First Birthday
The Boy's First Birthday

 I'll spare you all of the many, many, MANY pictures that I took of him enjoying his DQ treat but they're all up on flickr if you want to ooh and aaah some more.  Ok just one more:

The Boy's First Birthday


Then we did what any awesome parent facing two very sugar high and sticky children would do:

The Boy's First Birthday
Threw them directly in the tub, closed the curtains, and let them splash out the sugar.

The Boy's First Birthday
At one point the dog stuck her head in to see what was going on and came out SOAKED:

The Boy's First Birthday
I've made a huge mistake.
For his party we just did a simple family affair...
The Boy's First Birthday
The Boy's First Birthday


...with a Mexican Theme.

The Boy's First Birthday
YES.
You see the Dude loves Mexican food.  Seriously.  This is a video of him enjoying Chipotle. 
So I went with it and did a whole Mexican thing for his birthday.  Meaning margaritas for us and "tortilla and cheese" for them.  Or course there was cake:

The Boy's First Birthday
My mom made him a ball cake.  BALL.  BALL.  BALL.  BALL.
And a cakesmash:

The Boy's First Birthday


And also bubbles may have been involved:

The Boy's First Birthday

All in all a pretty good first birthday for my dude!  Even if he did like the paper more than his presents:
The Boy's First Birthday
Mom.  Wrapping paper CRINKLES when you shake it.  How do you not understand how awesome that is?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...