April 23, 2012

Meet the Misfits.

So I've had quite a few new follows to the Life in Cleveland Facebook Page lately (Hi!  Welcome!  Thank You!)  so I thought it would be a good time to do a little About Me and This Blog.  Which ties in perfectly with the Misfit Bloggers who are doing a Meet the Misfits Blog hop!

Love it when things work out like that.

Anyways the Misfit Bloggers are a group that started as part of the SITS Girls 31 Days to Build a Better Blog and has evolved into a very active facebook group of bloggers helping bloggers.  They are a great group and I'm thrilled to be a part of it.

Anyways the questions they asked are:

Who I am... 

I am Jeanne aka Sourire11.
My profile pic pretty much everywhere these days.
I'm 30 something and happily married to my college sweetheart:
Our wedding back in 2004.

I"m a mom of 2:
The Boy who just turned 1, and The Girl who just turned 3.
I'm a Cleveland girl who loves her hometown despite being married to a Steelers Fan.

Photo0836.jpg
I"m a knitter and an indie dyer who occasionally dabbles in designing patterns. I also love dogs, wine, twitter, reading, and photography. 

What I Do...

This:

Great day for the park!
And this:

New Base Yarn
And a whole lot of this:

I was an architect with the 6 years of design school and masters degree and ambition to remake this city I love and all of it.  And then I had a baby and..... I never went back.

hands are the best
Pictured:  A bit of a distraction from that whole Architecture thing.
But! Also!  I couldn't walk away from design completely.  So I started a company, Destination Yarn, which merges all of my passions - design, travel, knitting, and color.
Every colorway is based on a place.  This makes me unreasonably happy.

I occasionally post shop updates and pretty yarn to this blog.  Because seriously even if you're not a knitter who doesn't love a rainbow of yarn?

Why I Blog...

I started blogging because I was obsessively reading knitting blogs as a way to research patterns.  It didn't seem fair that I wasn't contributing to the online knowledge bank.  Then I got into it and it became a way to share both my projects and our adventures.  I still see it as that even if our adventures are less this:

Machu Picchu
Us at Machu Picchu in 2007.  We hiked there via the 4 day Inca Trail.
and are more this:

IMG_6293
The kids at Geneva State Park last summer.  We drove there at naptime.
And my knitting is less this:

IMG_0594
Traditional Stranded sweater that it took me 2 weeks to knit (part of the knitting Olympics but still)
and more this:

Mod Cables Slouch Hat
Hat that it took me 2 months to knit.  I did design the pattern, though so that's something I guess!

What the misfits mean to me...

The misfits are support.  Plain and simple.  They get this blogging thing and what it takes to do it and are happy to help in any way they can.  Which is so, so awesome to have found.  I especially love that the group is so diverse.  The bloggers there have all different backgrounds and their blogs are about all different things.  Which is perfect for me since I often feel that this blog is a misfit.  I'd love to be able to be a genre blog and do it well.  To be a Cleveland Blog.  Or a Knit Blog.  Or a Parenting Blog.  But... I just don't have the attention span.  So often I feel like I don't fit into blogging discussions because I'm kindof all over the map.  The Misfits made me feel welcome no matter what I blog about and for that I am incredibly thankful.

If you want to join in (we won't bite, I promise!) with the Misfits the very active facebook group is here.  And the linkup is here:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...