June 11, 2011

Outtakes

So. I finally, FINALLY got the birth announcements in the mail. I think people probably got them today so I thought I'd share some of the outtakes.  Because to get one semi-usable photo where both of the kids look... sane... there are a billion that look like this:
05/09/2011
Is she winking?  What?
Or this:
05/09/2011
Redfaced angry baby.  Awesome.
Or this.
05/09/2011
Screw it.  I'll use clipart or something.
Yeah. Noone was happy that day.
05/09/2011
She's crying b/c she didn't have creative control over their outfits.  Seriously.
05/09/2011
Perhaps I should have just used a picture of the dog.  She's pretty cute.
In the end - with some creative photoshopping - I think it turned out ok.  But I can only imagine what I'll have to do for this year's Christmas card. I'm guessing candy bribes will be involved.
05/09/2011
Bitch, Please. (I tried so hard to caption this with something less cussy but... no. This is her "Bitch, please" look. No way around it.  She's 2 and has the death glare of a teenager.)

So anyways here's the final card.  Meh.  Could have been worse, I guess.  At least he looks adorable.

Initially Yours Blue Birth Announcement
To see Shutterfly's birth announcement designs, click here.
View the entire collection of cards.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:17 PM

    The outtakes are adorably hilarious. Love the final product! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful family!
    Don't you just love Shutterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! and no one will ever know how much trouble you went through to get there! Well except everyone who reads your blog, but who's counting right? By the way candy bribes are the way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...