April 14, 2011

Different is Good.

First of all thank you so much for all of the comments and well wishes!!!  It's been so fun to read all of them and see how excited everyone is for us.  You guys are awesome!

So this whole experience has been amazingly different than last time.  It's crazy.
April 13
I'm just going to throw in random pictures to break up this wordy post.  Didn't think you'd mind.
First of all Labor was - by no means easy - but not the most impossible thing I've ever accomplished either. I went with an epidural that I requested be put in by "someone who knows what the hell they are doing." And it worked. And I'm not going to lie - I enjoyed the shit out of that epidural.
April 13
Proud grandparents.  My dad was literally about to step onto a boat for a day long fishing trip out of Vermillion when he got the call that I was going into the hospital.  Bummer.
Oh and did I mention? The baby flipped. No posterior birth. He came out like a normal human being and not sunny side up like my super stubborn daughter. I honestly don't know if it was him or me (I did so, SO many exercises to get him to turn over) but either way it was a completely different birth experience. No hours of pushing and threats of c section. No internal monitor or questions about the baby. Just plain, uncomplicated, and normal. It was awesome.

ANDY & CAKE
Proud Uncle.  Although he only got to hold the baby for a second before my toddler took over.  She loves her AN-DY.
ANDY & CAKE
Aunt Carolyn.  Also didn't get to spend much time on the baby before my daughter was bossing her around.
And nursing! This kid is a champion eater. Seriously. Latchedon less than an hour out of the womb and hasn't looked back since. It took my daughter and I a solid week to get the hang of things during which time she lost alot of weight and I was tied in knots by the medical professionals giving me advice. Not funtimes. This kid has had no issue and I'm pretty sure he would eat all day if I was up for it. But I'll take "cracked and blistered" over "possible failure to thrive" any day of the week. (Btw Lanolin? just another example of the awesome powers of sheep)
April 14
Great-grandma Bobbie.
And the recovery! Last time I felt like I was run over by a mac truck. No lie. I was in so much back pain from the posterior labor that I could barely hold a thought in my head. I sure as shit couldn't walk. The normal postpartum concerns like "stitches" and "cramping" didn't even register. This time? Yeah ok I'm sore. And it's not comfortable. But it's also nothing that the painkillers they have me on can't handle. I was up and out of bed mere hours after labor. And let me tell you how much I've been enjoying this hospital stay. I'm ALL ABOUT THE NAPS. I don't even remember chunks of being in the hospital last time b/c I was so out of it and in pain. Yeah.
April 14
Nono
April 14
Nonni
So I"m not sure if this is a second baby thing or a different kid thing but either way I am in much, MUCH better shape than last time at this point. Which is a good thing because tomorrow? I get to go home to the reality of being the mom of 2 small children.
Big Sister

I can't wait.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:51 PM

    Those photos warm my heart! What a treasure to have pictures of your baby with all those family members.

    So lovely. Congratulations again - there is nothing quite so happy-making as a new baby! (Even if I don't know the baby. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm so glad this birth went easier for you. You'll get to enjoy him sooner! He's absolutely precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jeanne! I'm so happy that all went well for all of you! Desmond is so precious...OK...I don't know any babies that aren't...again...Congrats and best wishes to all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I'm so glad labor was much more tolerable this time. Sounds like you and I have several similarities in our birthing and nursing experiences. Welcome home (sometime today) and I hope you have a wonderful birthday weekend spent with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous hat he is wearing in the last picture! That is one well-loved baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's just precious! Congrats and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...