December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

This year was our first year doing the Santa thing... and by that I mean staying up ridiculously late trying to assemble large pieces of plastic:
Santa dad.
Dottie was a huge help.
I think in the future we need to take "some assembly required" into account when making out Christmas Eve plans... Also in the future I plan on drinking during such operations.  We got it all assembled/stickered/wrapped/under the tree though:
Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas
The Halloween pumpkin is filled with her play Nativity set.  Seriously.  My child is a bit odd.
She was THRILLED:
Merry Christmas

Although the $1sunglasses were just as big of a success:
Merry Christmas
How did Santa know that I'm going to Florida in a few weeks?
Another something I didn't know -  gift opening with a toddler takes a really, really, really long time.  To the point where we gave up on the whole thing and just let her play with her kitchen.  Most of the food/accessories are still wrapped under the tree because we couldn't tear her away from it long enough to get her to unwrap them.
Merry Christmas
BUTTON

Merry Christmas
This shopping bag is just my size!
Merry Christmas
Moooom put down the camera and come back and play with me!
Which is fine.  Someday when she's bored and cranky I"ll blow her mind by bringing out the rest of the accessories.

We did manage to tear her away long enough to take a Christmas morning photo, though.  I like how in the first shot Matt and I look all tense while neither of the dependents is looking anywhere near the direction of the camera:
Merry Christmas

Then obviously some shit went down b/c the dog and child have switched places, the dog no longer has her jingle bells collar on, and Nigh-Nigh and Black Kitty have joined us.
Merry Christmas

This last shot would be the "Just take one with the flash and then we can give up" shot:
Merry Christmas
Eh.  Whatever.  I have to say the Christmas Morning Photo is one of my favorite traditions.  It's going to be so fun someday to flip back through them all and see how we've changed.  It already is, actually.

So yeah ... Hope that you had a wonderful Christmas!

9 comments:

  1. It looks as if you had a great Christmas.

    I had a friend who warned me about the assembly--and the "batteries not included." His kids were many years older than mine, but the experience of not having batteries for a toy that was essentially a doorstop without them was etched in his brain.

    The Christmas morning fun continues for a few more years--enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lot of fun!!! Olivia LOVES her kitchen and plays with it all time! I think she needs some felt cookies for the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:56 PM

    So much cute!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww.. she looks so happy! can't wait til everyone is healthy so we can come over and play!!! love the books in the fireplace.. we do that here, too :) and ashlyn has been playing w/ an easter bucket filled w/ pumpkins for months and months.. our strange lil girls :)
    ps.. looking down memory lane brought tears to my eyes.. rip, dexter.. you are dearly missed. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gotta love it when a Christmas gift is such a hit. She's adorable with her new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gah, you have me realizing that we never took a family photo on Christmas. Oh well, we will get one on New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! I love the series of Christmas morning pix. . .they tell so much more of the story than a single shot ever could!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks so very happy with her present! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great job on your blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...