September 24, 2009

Shalom!

So remember waaaay back when that I was knitting a Shalom?

Yeah I did actually finish that:
shalom

And wore it:
Shalom
A lot. Pictures were taken 2 weeks before our daughter was born, btw.

Shalom
I basically lived in that sweater towards the end of my pregnancy. It was the only thing that kept me warm without overheating me and starting the sweating OMG the sweating seriously why is it so hot in here isn’t it supposed to be winter?!
Shalom
Have I mentioned that I’m happy I’m not pregnant anymore?

Anyways! I’m thinking that there are 3 reasons I was able to crank that sweater out and actually finish it:

1.) it was out of bulky yarn (Lamb’s Pride Bulky to be exact)
2.) the Cleveland Knits West group was doing a knit along (Must knit faster to keep up!)
3.) it was seamless so it never sat in my knitting basket for months just waiting for me to sew it together (shut up. Trellis. She’s not big enough to wear you yet anyways.)

So when they posted that they were doing another knit along for this:

Heather Hoodie from the fall 2009 Knit Scene

I just couldn’t resist.

I’m using Eco Wool which is fabulously sheepy:
Heather Hoodie
And I think the gray/brown color I picked will go with just about everything and anything.

Heather Hoodie

I reworked the ribbing b/c for whatever reason at the size I’m knitting the cables didn’t flow perfectly out of the ribbing. And that will NOT do. I like things to line up perfectly:
Heather Hoodie
Also now that I’m not working as an architect anymore knitting is the only place to get my OCD on.
Heather Hoodie
But other than that so far so good. It seems to be the perfect fall knit. Yay for bulky yarn!

7 comments:

  1. Nice! Definitely a good color for just about everything! And yay that you get to get your OCD going somewhere...otherwise you might explode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shalom is gorgeous! I wish I lived someplace cold enough to knit stuff in bulky yarn. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. both are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Shalom. You look gorgeous in it! Do you still wear it or does it get relegated to maternity wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Shalom, it makes me want to cast on for a short sleeve version. The red is just beautiful. Your Hoodie looks great too. The Eco-Wool is beautiful, one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Shalom is adorable - perfect for pregnant or not! Recently saw it on a friend and love the pattern. Good luck on your Heather Hoodie - fall has arrived with a vengeance this a.m. in ne oh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're so talented! i cannot wait to see the finished product. (:
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...