June 30, 2009

Sunshine on time!

So I did it! I got the sock done in time!
sunshinesocks 043cropped
With one day to spare for blocking and photographing.
Sunshine Socks
Crazy how much knitting you can get done if you knit every single time you nurse for a few days. I just have to stick to socks b/c anything bigger than that gets in her way.

So the details… The pattern is the Sunshine Sock (rav link) by Cookie A from the new book Sock Innovations. Quite simply I love her designs. They are so well thought out. The ribbing flows into the pattern which flows into the heel seamlessly.
Sunshine Socks
Sunshine Socks
I knit them on size 1.5 bamboo needles - seems to be the perfect gauge for this yarn.
Sunshine Socks
Oh the yarn. It’s Destination Yarn in the colorway “Tampa” Aside from the whole Florida/Sunshine connection (LOVE that) I wanted to knit something summery and this seemed to fit the bill.
Sunshine Socks
Of course I’m biased since I’m the dyer… but… honestly? Blues and turquoises aren’t really my thing. I’m more of a pinks/reds kindof girl. But I had the yarn so I figured what the hell. Worst case they become a Christmas gift for someone more into Blue than me:
Sunshine Socks
Uh huh. That’s not going to happen. I LOVE them. They are mine. All mine.

Tomorrow is July and I have big, BIG fiber-y things planned for July including a whole new series of colorways based on a whole new concept in travel yarn. It’s pretty neat. Plus I’m going to continue the Sock Innovation Knit Along thing by knitting Rick:Pic from the book

Out of Pittsburgh:
Pittsburgh
Funtimes Ahead!

7 comments:

  1. Nice socks! And oooh, great colorway, that Pittsburgh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you got them done! They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?! No super cute baby photos!?!? Haha have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:49 AM

    Gorgeous! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The socks look wonderful. I got Cookie A's book, and I've enjoyed reading it--but that's as far as I've gotten. It is hard to know which to knit first (but I'm still plugging away on my sweaters for 2009, so socks are on the back burner).

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous! All kinds of fab. I can't wait to get my hands on that book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty socks! I can't wait until I can knit well enough to actually knit a pair of socks. Double-pointed (and tiny) needles scare me, ha, ha!

    I saw in one of your posts that you work downtown. I think downtown Cleveland could really use a yarn store, or a Joann's or something!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...