December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

Just a quick post to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!
Christmas Card
That is the image that we created for our holiday cards. It’s our house with our little family out front!*

Oh and yesterday when I said that Matt and I weren’t exchanging gifts? I may have lied a little. We said we couldn’t spend any money on each other this year… but we didn’t promise anything about giving each other something that was already bought and paid for. So he did have one gift to unwrap this morning. I’ll give you a hint… it’s soft, black, and has been kicking around this blog for 2 years now. Big photoshoot of that coming soon! Until then

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

*I figured I’d explain how we created the image: Basically I saw a pregnant snowman somewhere online and loved the idea. From that concept Matt did the pencil sketch of our house with our "family" in front of it - including a snow dog! Dexter is def. a part of our family. Then I took the sketch into photoshop and turned it into a full-color cartoon. I also added shadows and some of the details like the hats on the snowmen, etc. I'm really happy with how it turned out... but I seriously forgot how much of a pain in the ass printing things can be. Next time we do something like this I'm paying the extra $$ to have it professionally printed!

7 comments:

  1. Merry CHRISTmas to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! That is the cutest Christmas card ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! Love the card, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated Merry Christmas! That card is too cute, love that you made it yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:06 PM

    Happy holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the holiday card image ... what a cute drawing! : ) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! What an exciting 2009 you have ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very cool. Have a Happy New Year. Start getting some extra sleep now, because after Gizmo is born you will have a tough time getting your zzzs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...