December 3, 2007

Fifteen Dollars

Ok so in a few weeks I’m going to a very swanky Christmas party for all of my girlfriends. There will be much wine and good food. I’m super-excited about it. Except that I have to bring a $15 gift to exchange. Now not everyone at this party knows I’m a knitter or even what that means. I’m kindof new to the group... But I decided to knit my gift because then it would be original and much nicer than just buying some random lotion or something (preaching to the choir here, obviously).

Anyways my gift had to be less than $15, cute, fashionable, and appealing to anyone who might happen to pick it. So I made this hat:
Robins Egg Hat
Yeah the ghetto lightbox leaves alot to be desired.

It’s actually not finished. I still have to find a button which will make it look more like the real one here.

So right. Super-cute hat, check.
Robins Egg Hat
Horrible bathroom mirror shot, Check.

Anyways I have 2 more skeins of Patons Shetland Chunky to do something with. And only giving a hat seems sortof lame... So what should I make with the remaining skeins? I originally thought a scarf. But I can’t find any seed stitch scarfs that I like and I want it to match the hat. So perhaps mittens? Or flip top mittens? Or is that toooooo original. Or perhaps I should just buy a candle or something to go with it and consider myself done. Or is this not a good gift? I could make something else entirely – like a bracelet or earrings or something that could be super-trendy… I dunno…

What do you guys think?

14 comments:

  1. Love the hat.

    Have you thought of a scarf with eyelash ends. Y'know about 3-4 inches of furry eyelash then the body made from the yarn? Made one not too long ago. Super cute.

    BTW, I tagged you for a Xmas meme.

    He he.

    Hey, when are you going to start posting your patterns on Ravelry? You really should. That pink cabled hat was so damn cute! You need to share there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please no eyelash. No. nonononononono.

    The hat is adorable! If you want to knit something else to go with it I would say the flip top mittens would be a great match. If you can find two buttons that are smaller but the same as the one you pick for the hat - even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the hat is a great gift. And I like the thought of Flip-Top Mittens to round out the set. Making jewelry is a great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think the flip top mitten idea is king. you could do the seed stitch at the bottom band and at the edge of the flap and then it's coordinating, even if it's not quite "matching". :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for really cute matching earrings to go with the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:02 PM

    Love the hat, it's adorable. How about a swatch bracelet to go with it? Here's the link - I think these are really kewl!

    http://www.limenviolet.com/blog/?p=1156

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should make mittens as well. I'm thinking that the recipient will be SUPER excited to get handknits, and the more the better!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, SUPER CUTE bathroom shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how the hat came out! I think mittens or fingerless mitts would be great! Just seed stitch the cuff and there you go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love love love the hat, jeanne - it turned out so cute, and of course you knitted it up so quick! i love the flip-top mittens idea, but maybe you should give it all to me instead ; ) j/k...too cute, though, girlie - good job! the recipient is going to be sooooooooo lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:09 PM

    I vote for either fingerless mits or flip flop mits. Great job btw.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great gift idea! I also vote for the flip top mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a supercute hat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the hat! I have some of that yarn, too, so I'll be making one soon. I think all the ideas here are great. Anyone would be very happy to receive such a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...