February 5, 2010

Not Just Sock Yarn Anymore!

So how about a few more reasons as to why you should come to my Trunk Show at Soft 'n Sassy this Sunday (or my other trunk show on Feb 27 at Stash Style)?
 

7.) New Yarn Weights
No, really. It’s been along time coming but Destination Yarn isn’t just Sock Yarn Postcards anymore. I have two new weights of yarn that are premiering at this event:

Souvenir – a DK weight Superwash Merino in a bouncy 4 ply:
This is a 4 ply yarn of soft and squishy superwash merino wool. Perfect for thicker socks or easy to care for baby garments as well as hats, sweaters, or any fine garment. This is a very versatile weight!
New DK Weight
Currently Souvenir is only available in the semi-solids. Basically it looks so great as a semi-solid that I got a bit carried away and by the time I realized that I should try it in a variegated I was out of yarn. Yeah. It’s that pretty. I love the DK weight, too. It knits up on about a size 5 or 6 needle. Perfect things like scarves:

Vintage Pull-Through Scarf


Pull Through Scarf pattern available on Ravelry or in kits through Joseph Beth Booksellers.

And even better for baby knits:
Baby Hat
Hat pattern is my own design. I’ll be releasing the pattern once I finish the matching mittens. Also for the record photographing a baby knit on an actual baby is a lot easier said than done:
Baby Hat
Baby Hat
Baby Hat
Heh.

The second new weight of yarn is:


Suitcase - a basic worsted merino
This is a 4 ply yarn of a soft merino wool. Perfect for for sweaters, scarves, hats, etc. This yarn is a workhorse. The bouncy nature of the merino will create excellently defined cable work or patterned stitches. Also great for felting!

I will have a few skeins of a limited selection of colorways at the show. Really I’m still testing this out. But so far it knits up like this:
Buttoned Scarf

Buttoned Scarf and Hat pattern available on Ravelry or in kits at Joseph Beth Booksellers knit in Yosemite.

Matching Hat
Both weights of yarn will be up on Etsy sometime after the Trunk Shows but if you want one before that please just message me on Etsy and I'll see what I can do!

6.)  Two words: Door Prize. 
I don't know about you but I’ll pretty much do anything for a shot at winning me some yarn. Also if you purchase Destination Yarn you get a free pattern, which, yay!

5.)  Superbowl Sunday
The superbowl doesn’t start until 6:25. And really, what better way to kill time waiting for the big game? Plus don’t you need a new project to knit while during the Championship? I think so. Also if you really want to be coordinated you can rock some New Orleans while watching my football husband Drew Breese kick some Manning butt. Coordination makes me happy.

I think that's good for today... even more reasons (could it be possible?) tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. If I only I lived your side of the pond =[.

    Good luck with the Trunk Show, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DK weight Superwash Merino? You're killing me! Can't wait to see it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After the day I had today, I definitely deserve some unneeded sock yarn. I'm planning to show up tomorrow, so you can ignore my convo on Etsy (I'm connieb125 there). Hopefully you'll still have a hank of Five Rings when I get there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAYYYYYYY..I'll be there!!! Can hardly wait! I'm holding our for some Vancouver!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...