January 21, 2010

The Paris Scarf

A trunk show is a special event within the fashion world in which an artist or designer puts on a special display of his or her work for review by a select group. They are referred to as "trunk shows" because a designer or sales rep will literally showup with a trunkof merchandise to showoff. Trunk shows are common in boutiques and boutique divisions of department stores.
Destination Yarn has two trunk shows coming up – one at Soft ‘n Sassy on Feb. 7 from 12-5, and one at Stash Style on Feb. 27.

I’m super excited.

Crazy excited, actually. My mind is reeling with the possibilities. Door Prizes! Free patterns with purchase! New colorways!

I’m just a little behind on that whole “trunk of merchandise” thing.

So not only have I been dying like a madwoman but I’ve also been knitting samples as fast as I possibly can.



Basic Sock knit out of the London.

It’s not just socks, though… I want to show that my yarn is awesome no matter what it becomes. And really what’s more luxurious and fashionable than a beautiful scarf? Except for Paris, of course. And a scarf knit out of Paris? Divine.

Paris Scarf
Although pre-blocking not so much.

But there’s potential there...
Paris Scarf

Throw it in some water and wool wash…
Paris Scarf

And voila!
Paris Scarf

The pattern is the Strangling Vines Lace Scarf.
Paris Scarf

It is knit out of Paris Night.
Paris Scarf
The sock yarn works wonderfully in a scarf. It blocks out well and is fine enough for lacework without being so fine that its difficult to work with.
Paris Scarf

You can tell these pictures were taken awhile ago – there’s actual color in the background as opposed to the awful gray world of January. But a project isn’t completely finished until I post some pictures and update my Ravelry page.
Paris Scarf
So now we can call this one done.

And with that I’m back to the knitting…. And dying…. And running around like a crazy lady.

These shows are going to be good!

3 comments:

  1. Leslie7:03 PM

    Love your scarf. I see one in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your trunk show! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with the shows! You'll do well, your stuff is fab. Love both the socks and the scarf! Tres chic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...