May 30, 2009

Festival Weekend

So last weekend was the weekend of Festivals. First up was the Great Lakes Fiber Festival (not rows of bowls of Cherrios like my dad pictured, but animal fiber). I went to the Ravelry meetup but it was really more of a Cleveland Knits West meetup. That was more than ok, though, since it was so nice to see everyone! And even though I was tempted by all of the wonderful yarn and surrounded by the best of enablers I stuck to my budget. Which was literally an envelope full of my husband’s poker winnings from the night before. Here’s how much yarn a night of poker can get you:

6 skeins of Lamb’s Pride Bulky in Avacado (will probably become this):

Great Lakes Fiber Festival purchases

And one 8oz braid of Creatively Dyed Wool/Seacell roving:
Great Lakes Fiber Festival purchases
And while I had a great deal of self-control at the festival I’ve had none since I’ve been home:
spinning fun
Yeah. I’m halfway through that roving and it’s only been a week.

Next up was the Greek Festival:
Greek Fest

The baby had a ball – she hung out in her little carrier and people watched while we ate gyros and honey balls (really should find out the real name for those).
Greek Fest
Mmmmm gyro baby.

She even posed for a family picture:
Greek Fest
This weekend is going to be much more subdued. Big plans include playing basketball, going for a walk, dying yarn (my new base yarn? Is AWESOME. Sucks up dye like you wouldn’t believe), watching the Cavs game, and thinking that my friend Sarah made the right decision.

8 comments:

  1. I was amazed by your self control! I wish I'd of had more!

    Your family picture is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Drops jacket! I think the yarn you got is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see you getting out with your friends again! Yay festivals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know, you won the contest on my blog, emailed you but haven't heard back, please let me know how to get the yarn to you.

    p.s. She's just too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute pics! did she totally love the baby bjorn or what? we just started using the hand me down one that i have for the first time and ashlyn loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're lucky - a quarter plus a night of Hubster's poker winnings might get me a bus ticket. If bus tickets were still a quarter. So make that a buck fiddy and a night of Hubster's poker winnings...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:08 AM

    Great fiber score there. I love the color. Gizmo is getting so big. I blink and she's grown 2 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:09 AM

    P.s. What "Steelers" yarn? hee hee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...