April 17, 2015

Cheers! I'm 35!

So!  Today is my 35th birthday.  RIGHT?

20150319_182052
Although I think I used up all of my I AM SO OLD angst last year with 34 because this year really isn't getting to me at all.  I'm feeling like... I'm 35.  What up.  Sure I'm another box on forms and such but I'm also really happy with my life.  We've had a lot of very hard, very sleep deprived years to get to this point.  And finally we are on the cusp of a whole bunch of awesome.  Both for this year and the foreseeable future.  So yeah.  35?  BRING IT ON.

And what better way to celebrate a birthday than with a shawl named Cheers!
Cheers!  By Laura Nelkin

I'm knitting with this very happy yarn:
Color Run
"Color Run" by Destination Yarn
 The yarn  is one of  my new, speckled dyed colorways.  They are SO FUN to dye and possibly even funner to knit. (Available now from Destination Yarn!)
Cheers in Color Run (btw @DestinationYarn is now on instagram and I tend to post dying behind the scenes stuff there if you are interested). 

Cheers in Color Run
I'm using a dark grey for the border (Storm Clouds semi-solid also by Destination Yarn) and I had some woe about the beads.  The only size 8 beads I could find at craft stores were lame.  I tried to make them work but my swatch said NOPE:

Cheers in Color Run
Can you even see the beads?
Cheers in Color Run
Not really.  Blah.
So I ordered some online and am so glad I did.  They came yesterday and BOOM:

Cheers in Color Run
It's going to be awesome.  It took so very much will power to fold the laundry last night instead of stringing these beads on immediately.  But!  What a nice birthday treat.

So yeah. With that I"m going to spend my birthday knitting in the sunshine.  At least until a kid needs me (so for like 5 minutes).
Happy Easter!!! #stevensonpartyoffive
Pic from Easter.  B/c this wouldn't be a real post without a picture of my kids.  Also Tiny is wearing an Owls Sweater I knit for the Dude way back in the day.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...