April 22, 2014

34 and Big Spring.

So!  Thursday was my 34th birthday.

Yeah....

And instead of having a nice normal day like I was supposed to I decided you know what?  Screw reason!  Screw logic! Screw naptime!  It's my birthday and it's the perfect spring day out so we're going somewhere fun! So I went straight from the preschool pickup line to my favorite Cleveland Spring Event:

 Big Spring at the Cleveland Botanical Garden.

Big Spring 2014


We had a little time to kill before meeting our friends there so we took a little walk around Wade Oval:

Dinosaur outside of the Natural History Museum
Such a beautiful day!

Wade Oval


 The kids were thrilled to be out and about:

Big Spring 2014

And Big Spring is just so much fun:

Big Spring 2014
We mainly just let the kids play in the outdoor garden pretending to plant things and water things and dig in the sand and dirt:

Big Spring 2014
Big Spring 2014
Big Spring 2014
So much fun!

Big Spring 2014
Big Spring 2014

Although the little guy was not happy I wouldn't let him army crawl all over the place:

Big Spring 2014
So he hung out on some logs for awhile:

My little guy
I'm so glad that I decided to take them.

Big Spring 2014
Big Spring 2014


Even if they were asleep before we were on the shoreway:

Big Spring 2014
3 kids asleep at the same time!  This NEVER happens at home.
I really needed that fun adventure. 34 was a birthday that for some reason really got to me.  The number just seems a lot older than what I feel.  Plus 33 had a whole bunch of really neat numbers associated with.  It's multiple of 11 - my lucky number, I had my 3rd kid at 33, my 9th anniversary was on the 9th, etc.  34 doesn't have any pluses other than that it's a year older.  Blah.

My girl took me to a ballet on sat to celebrate my birthday. #hbd #stevensonpartyof5
On the other hand, though.  33 was easily the toughest year.  I was either super pregnant with 2 little ones to chase or was home with 3 children under 4.  Neither of which is an experience I have any desire to repeat OMG.  Just making it to 34 is monumental.

Big Spring 2014
Pictured:  Way more small children than I have hands for.
But I think it has more to do with life changes and less about the actual number.... haven't had one bother me since 28.  In retrospect that's hilarious - I thought 28 was old!  But between 28 and 29 I got pregnant, had a baby, and quit the job that I thought was going to be my long-term career.  So yeah... I had a right to feel like things were shifting.  And I feel that way now.  We've been in this cycle of pregnancy / newborn / baby since 2008.  That's as long as it took me to get a masters degree!  I can barely even picture a world without any of that baby insanity.  But this is the year that we become the parents of school aged children.  Pretty seismic shift in priorities/lifestyle.

I think 34 is going to be ok. #hbd #stevensonpartyof5 #thisis34
Probably my last birthday feeding a baby a bottle.  Next year this guy will be almost 2.
I'm excited for it.  We have a whole lot of really fun years ahead with this crew.  34 is just the beginning.  I think it's going to be a good year.

Disclaimer:  Tickets were provided to Big Spring.  All opinions and stress over getting older are my own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...