February 24, 2014

Ravellenic Games Wrap Up.

So.  The Olympics are over.  As are the Ravellenic Games.  And I did not achieve glory:

Ravellenic Tomten

I couldn't even see the podium:

Ravellenic Tomten
It was clear pretty early into the competition that I am not the competitor that I used to be.  That while a former Olympic champion this time I would fall pitifully short:

Ravellenic Tomten
Like a couple inches of sleeve 1, all of sleeve 2, the button band, and all of the finishing short.

Ravellenic Tomten

 But.  Here's the thing about the Olympics.  Just to participate is an honor.  And this year I was not a favorite.  I was not at the top of my game.  I did not have the focus, drive, determination, or (AHEM) time I needed to achieve gold.  But I"m still proud of my accomplishment.

Ravellenic Tomten

I knit more over these games than I have in the last 6 months.  And that is thrilling.  It shows me that I CAN make time for myself.  Even if it's just brief moments.  I CAN DO IT.  And when I do the results are pretty impressive:

Ravellenic Tomten
Two weeks ago this was a couple skeins of yarn buried in my stash.

Ravellenic Tomten

I was the country with one competitor who was just happy to be there.

Ravellenic Tomten
The Land of 3 kids under 5 is not one who brings home many golds.

So I'll keep going with this sweater.  I have some new yarn coming to me on Thursday thanks to my knitting group's influence and my hope is to have this finished by then.

Ravellenic Tomten
Dream Big, right?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...