July 18, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Reading.

So.  I know that these themed-by-day posts are kindof a lame excuse for actual blogging.  I mean couldn't I just do this nonsense on Instagram or whatever?  But!  I'm trying to get the juices flowing again.  Trying to remember how to do this here blog thing.... 

Baby steps, right?

Anyways I took a photo of the kids today that just begged to be compared/contrasted with pictures from years past.  Observe:

It started with this:
Reading bedtime stories to her puppy.
"Reading" to her dog, Oct 2010.  So she was 19 months old.
Then it became this:
Reading to her baby brother.
"Reading" to her baby brother, April 26, 2011.  So she was 25 months and the dude was 13 days old.

Then there was this:
We love reading!
"Reading" together, October 2011.  She's 2 and a half, he's 6 months old.

And now it's this:
Untitled
Reading to her brothers (and an audience of stuffed animals), this morning, she's 4, the dude is 2, and the little guy is 5 weeks.
I love it! And I love how very close she is to actual reading.  Pretty soon that light bulb is going to go on and then there will be no stopping her....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...