November 20, 2012

Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Muffins (with a cinnamon crumble topping)

So!  Earlier today on the social medias I posted this picture of delicious Pumpkin Muffins ready for Thanksgiving:
Pumpkin muffin w delicious cinnamon crumble topping. #thanksgiving

And the social medias were angry that I did not also include a recipe.  Fair enough.  However I hadn't mentioned a recipe b/c it's my own cobbled together nonsense.  Also I cheated.  I used a box mix (gasp!).  I love me a box mix hack.  So here's what I did:

Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Muffins with Cinnamon Crumble Topping:

Ingredients:
  • One Box Yellow Cake Mix
  • 15 Oz can of Pumpkin
  • One Egg
  • 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
  • 1 teaspoon + cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 cup brown sugar (I used 1/2 light 1/2 dark but whatever is fine)
  • 2/3 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup + butter
  • 3 teaspoons cinnamon (more if you like the topping REALLY flavorful)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Line your muffin tins w/ paper cups.

Mix up the muffin batter so the box of mix, egg, oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.  The batter will be kindof lumpy.  It's supposed to be that way.  Fill 24ish muffin cups a little less than 1/2 way.

Then mix the crumb topping in another bowl - the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon first.  Then smoosh in the butter until the whole thing is a crumbly mess.  I used a fork to do this and it works best if the butter is slightly melty.  Also you might need more butter to get all of the sugar/flour mixture to become crumbly.  Then fill in the muffin cups with the crumb topping so that all of the muffin batter is completely covered with delicious, crumbly goodness. 

Bake the whole thing for 15 min at 350 degrees or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.

Post to the interwebs like you're some kindof master at the art of muffin making only to be outed that you are really a cheater.  YUM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...