August 16, 2012

Ravellenic Gold.

So you guys.  It was a crazy mad dash to the finish line but I did it.  I earned a Ravellenic Gold:
Ravellenic Shawl

I literally was casting off minutes before the finish of the games.  I didn't block it until the next day:

Ravellenic Shawl

So a few of you new to this knitting game have asked me about the blocking thing.  I have a post set to go up this weekend on that whole topic... but first?  LOOK AT THE PRETTY:

Ravellenic Shawl

LOOK AT IT:

Ravellenic Shawl

SO. SO. SO. PRETTY.

Ravellenic Shawl

Pattern: Fragile Hearts by Boo Knits

Timeline: Knit entirely during the Ravellenic Games - so August 3-12.

Modifications: I knit this with fingering weight yarn (aka sock yarn) instead of the lace weight called for.  Everything else is the same.

Yarn: 1 skein of Destination Yarn Silk Road - a 50% merino, 50% silk blend.  Colorway Daiquiri

The verdict: I love it.  I'm not a super-fan of the picot edge, though.  Just not really my thing - and I wish the picots lined up with the points a little better.  But I think with this shawl and this yarn it works:

Ravellenic Shawl

I also feel the need to mention that I used 3 and a half tubes of beads on this.  Which according to a weight to beads converter chart I found is over 600 beads.  Yeah.

Ravellenic Shawl

The combo of the beads and the picot edge made this project much, much more ambitious than I had intended.  But that makes the victory that much sweeter:




Yay for Ravellenic Gold!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...