January 30, 2010

Vancouver 2010

So is everyone getting really excited about the Olympics? Because I just can’t wait. I love the Olympics. Espeically the Winter Games. I’ve gotten so wrapped up in the Olympic fever that I’ve dyed two related colorways.

Vancover 2010 – Host City

I started with images from friends of Vancouver (I’ve never actually been there. This is the first place colorway for somewhere I’ve not visited myself) – like this one:


And then spent a good deal of time on their official website taking in all of the graphic design…And ended up with this:
Olympic Colorways
Which, LOVE.
Olympic Colorways

I’m so happy with it..
Olympic Colorways
It just screams “Winter Sport” to me. Which was kindof the point. So fun when things work out like that.

It’s available here – but get it while you can. I’ve already sold out of the first batch and I won’t be able to dye this one again until after the trunk show next Sunday!

Vancouver 2010 – Five Rings

This one was kindof a leap of faith for me. I knew I wanted to dye yarn based on this:

The Five Olympic Rings. They represent the five continents of the world and were designed in 1912. Fun little factoid for you there. Anyways the concept was strong but the colors are a bit… primary…. for what I usually do. But I figured what the hell. Let’s dye it and see what comes out:
Olympic Colorways
I’m so happy with the result. So happy. I was afraid it would look like clown vomit but the black really tones it all down:
Olympic Colorways
Honestly I couldn’t wait to knit with it. I cast on the second it was dry:
Olympic Colorways
Um, yeah.
Olympic Colorways
I pretty much insanely love it.
Olympic Colorways
And while I probably should have waited and knit with it for my Olympic project I’m going to consider this training.

I'm going to knit the other sock while watching the X-games and then enjoy wearing my Five Rings socks while watching the Olympics.

I forgot how hard it was to take pictures of your own feet…
Olympic Colorways
And how awesome the X-games are.

Anyways Vancover 2010 – Five Rings is available here.  There's only one skein left but I will dye more as soon as I get back from Florida.

Happy Knitting!

6 comments:

  1. Vancouver is my home town and I ADORE your colourway! Your five ring socks are to DYE for !! ;) LOVVVVVVVVVEE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Vancouver colorway. We visited last fall and I think the color combination captures it well.

    Tip for photographing your own feet...stand up and bend from the waist and photograph them upside down. You have a little bit of trial and error with lining up the shot that way, but you can capture your feet from more natural looking angles (from the front rather than the top).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me to dig out my Vancouver photos. I was at the olympic site before the Olympics had officially chosen the place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELY! Hope you and your baby girl are enjoying florida!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, love the colorways!! I am in the Ravelympics this year (co-captain of Team SKC) so I'm getting excited about that too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are gorgeous! I'd be in line to get the Five Rings colorway if I didn't have a whole tub of sock yarn plus the sock kits (I think I'm up to 14 of them now) waiting for me. That hasn't always stopped me before, so you might be hearing from me after all. BTW, my Harvest Moon yarn is now in a kit with Cookie A's Glynis pattern.

    Hope you're having (or had) a great trip!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...