November 7, 2006

Vote!

Well I’m back from the convention and I’ll post about that later…

I just wanted to remind everyone that today is Election Day. It is so, so very important that everyone vote. As someone who works in Historic Preservation I am strongly supporting Strickland for governor… in case you were wondering... But really, whatever your political affiliations are go vote.

And when you do here’s a few icons for your blog:


and one really political one:


Also here’s all of the general Cleveland voting info copied from Cool Cleveland and a few other places:
  • Polls are open on Tuesday, November 7, 2006, from 6:30AM to 7:30PM.
  • Confirm your polling location by calling your Board of Elections here.
  • Bring your ID to the polls: current photo ID, driver's license, current utility bill, or government document with your name and current address. In fact, bring 2 forms of ID to be safe.
  • Get in line and stay in line Don't let anyone tell you to leave. Once you're in line, you must be allowed to vote.
  • If you don't get a ballot, provide the last four digits of your SSN and cast a provisional ballot.
  • Students can now use any document with their name and address from a public university to vote.
  • Cuyahoga County Board of Elections 2925 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115-2497. Voter Information Hotline: 216-443-3298. General Information: 216-443-3200. http://www.boe.cuyahogacounty.us
  • If you have a problem voting on Election Day, please let the ACLU know by calling 472-2220 or visiting http://www.ACLUohio.org to complete a form.


Yeah for democracy!

7 comments:

  1. I voted a blue ticket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:18 AM

    Good public service announcement. I might have to get my Ohio driver's license today, just so I can vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the vote icons. I'll add one to my blog right after this comment. Cheers to a Blue Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog. My husband and I voted this morning before coming to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thx for the info...will be heading to the polls later this evening : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup I voted! I really hope Stirckland wins! And Sherrod Brown too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad to see that Michigan & Ohio are both blue states today! YAY!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...