February 15, 2006

Valentines Surprise

So last night I went around to the side of the house to check something and I saw this:
I have buds! I have plants! I have green! So I call my grandma all freaked out because it seems really early for these to be coming up and she assured me that nature will take care of itself even if it gets cold again and that I don’t need to do anything. I should have flowers soon! I wonder what they are… I’m hoping for hyacinth… those are my favorite spring flowers other than lilacs.

I love having a house – our apartment never surprised us with flowers.

5 comments:

  1. my bulbs started coming up a few weeks ago - i planted hyacinth, iris and crocus. hope they make it till spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daffodils were popping through a couple of weeks ago...it was so warm all through January they got confused!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this summer i'm going to try growing veggies and herbs in big containers in the back yard. i can't wait to post pictures of things popping out of the dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! Flowers! We had the same thing last year when we moved into our new house. We moved in in November, and in the spring, stuff just started sprouting all over the place. Then we realized that we had no clue how to take care of them -- and it turns out that my husband did not inherit his dad's green thumb... But it was so exciting -- I can't wait for them to start sprouting again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, I don't think I have any flowers over here on the East Side.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...