December 18, 2005

Crab and Artichoke Dip

Ok so…. I’ve had several requests for the recipe for my crab and artichoke dip…. And I finally wrote it down! I’m famous for adding stuff to recipes as I go along and loving the result but never being able to duplicate it. This one was a hit so I actually wrote down what I did:


1/4 cup Mayo
8oz cream cheese
16 oz crab meat (chopped)
1 can artichoke hearts (chopped)
2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2 or 3 cloves garlic (or to taste – I like things very garlicky)
Ground Black Pepper to taste


Throw it all into a blender or food processor except for 1/2 cup of Parmesan. Blend until smooth. You can add more sour cream as needed to get the consistency you want or skip the food processor and just mix all of the ingredients for a very chunky dip. Put into an oven safe dish, sprinkle extra Parmesan cheese on top. Bake in a 350 degree oven until cheese bubbles. Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, or toasted bread rounds.

6 comments:

  1. omg - that sound devine!!!
    maybe i'll make it for a holiday party this weekend...thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just might have to venture away from alton's spinach dip and try making crab dip this year! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw - just bought to ingredients to make this for xmas eve...thx again for the recipe and i'll let u know how it goes over :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alton is the man! Do you use realy crab or the fake pink stuff? (Please say real lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used real - the packages in the seafood section anyways - but I'll bet that fake stuff would work too. I've also heard of using some Old Bay Seasoning in the dip but I've never used it because I didn't happen to have it on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:40 AM

    do you mean the artichokes that are pickled or come packed in water?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...