March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

So!  You guys!  It's my daughter's 5th birthday today!

And tomorrow she will be FIVE!  Don't blink. It goes REALLY fast. #stevensonpartyof5
And since she wants to hang out and watch a movie this morning before we head to the parade this afternoon - and it's her bday so she gets to decide that - how about some pictures of my kids in the same handknit sweater?


The Girl:  March 17, 2010:


Outdoor birthday photoshoot
Look how little she was! Look how short her hair is!!! It goes so fast! 

Outdoor birthday photoshoot
I started this sweater on our trip to Maine when I was pregnant for the very first time.  Before we knew she was a girl.  Before we knew we'd have 2 boys after that.  All I knew was that my kid was going to be born around St. Patrick Day and therefore needed a green, cable knit sweater.
Outdoor birthday photoshoot

I finished it just in time for her 1st birthday.

Outdoor birthday photoshoot
Notice there's no buttons?  Yeah I didn't get around to sewing those on until 2012.  Seriously.

The Dude:  March 13, 2012:

Des in the sweater
OH THAT SMILE!  And notice how OUTSIDE we are?  Seriously outside.  In shorts.  I can't even fathom that right now.
Des in the sweater

So outside!!!
Des in the sweater

They both look so young!!!!  Even the dog looks like a baby:

Des in the sweater

The Little Guy:  March 17, 2014:


Vic in the St Pat's sweater My littlest one.  The only one without the benefit of natural light since it's 20 DEGREES OUT OMG WHEN WILL THIS WINTER END.

Vic in the St Pat's sweater
and yet for some reason you didn't put shoes on me.
He's such a happy little one:

Vic in the St Pat's sweater

Although he did keep trying to crawl away during this little photoshoot. 
Vic in the St Pat's sweater
I don't know what you're talking about, mommy.
Heh.  Have a wonderful St. Patrick's day!!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...