November 14, 2013

Tidal Cool Creations Spa Day!

So.  Today I put on earrings, a scarf, and mascara in addition to my usual jeans and a shirt from Target (aka my uniform).  And 3 different people told me I looked nice/asked why I was so dressed up:

Selfie. Because apparently look fancy today.
Pictured:  ALL FANCY.
I?  I mean... I liked the compliments but I think maybe I've set the bar a bit low with the whole personal fashion thing.  I mean I have standards but my usual lunch dates are less interested in what I'm wearing than my mad grilled cheese skillz:

My daily lunch dates. #kids #lunch #latergram
However as part of the Year of Upgrades 2013 I have been trying to be a bit more fashion forward.  By that I mean I got side bangs.  Which I'm pretty sure are just a gateway drug.  Any time I see someone with bangs I'm tempted to try it out for myself.

image
Bangs?  Yes? No?
I took that picture to show off my finished Vitamin D btw.  I really need to do a real photoshoot of that sweater b/c it's one of the nicest things I've ever knit.

Anyways!  My attempts at becoming more fashionable are about to get a serious boost - Next Friday, Nov. 22, I'm attending a Spa Day with Tidal Cool Creations!  The blurb:
Don't you just love getting pampered? So do we! Tidal Cool is hosting its first ever Spa Day, Friday November 22nd from 3-9pm at our brand new location, 3619 Walton Avenue. Come visit Tidal Cool at Hildebrandt Artist Collective for quality Rest & Relaxation
Tidal Cool Creations is a local Cleveland Fashion Designer and I love her philosophy:
“I try and take you on a journey around this world with my clothing, whether its a rich silk brocade from Asia or a wax block print from Africa, we all need more color in our lives.”  - Andrea Howell of Tidal Cool Creations
Kindof sounds like what I try to do with yarn!

I'm super excited about this event.  If you'd like to come, too there's a bunch more info on the event on their facebook page and you can follow Tidal Cool Creations on Twitter.  They are donating a portion of all ticket sales to the Red Cross to help offer relief to Typhoon Haivan survivors.

Hope to see you there! 

(also seriously should I attempt bangs?)

Disclaimer:  I was invited to attend this event as a blogger.  All opinions, photographs, and woe about bangs are my own.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...