May 15, 2012

Gardening, Hooley, and BOAT!

So it seems to be going round the Cleveland blogs right now to do a weekend recap (here's one, here's another one, and another one).  I'm game!  So for most of the weekend we did alot of this:

The Hooley at kamms
Tearing out weeds as tall as the children to create a new planting bed to border our patio.
Our yard still needs quite a bit of work but after a pretty intense weekend I'm hopeful that this year for the first time in a long time it won't look like we abandoned the house to racoons.

The Hooley at kamms
Pictured:  The racoons.
After the kids woke up we were all set to have a super lazy evening.  I literally had the leftovers out ready to heat up.  When I remembered that the Hooley was going on.... (btw all of the graphics for the Hooley were done by my friend Angela.  Her ad's in the sidebar in case you're looking for an awesome graphic designer!)

So we threw everyone in the car to get our festival on:

The Hooley at kamms

 Yes.  We totally brought the dog.  She came in handy later after eating ribs:

The Hooley at kamms

 Of course the main attraction was the bounce house:

Waiting for the bounce house at #thehooley
Waiting in line. SO EXCITED.
The Hooley at kamms
ALMOST THERE.
The Hooley at kamms
JUMP JUMP JUMP!
And funnel cake for dinner is just part of summer, right?

The Hooley at kamms
Seriously, I'm filthy.  I'm all for spontaneity but you couldn't at least have changed my shirt before we went out?
Although the thing the kids went really crazy for was the lemonade.  The Dude literally cried when we took it away from him.

The Hooley at kamms
GET IT IN MY FACEHOLE.
We ended up doing the whole refill the lemonade cup with water and shake it up trick two more times just to satisfy the minis.

The Hooley at kamms
THAT.
For Mother's Day we didn't really have anything huge planned.  I got to go to Home Depot and Buyers Outlet unsupervised to get all our plants.  I only made one impulse buy of some daises.  Although I was very, very, VERY tempted buy a giant rosebush.  Just because. I must be getting older because a few years ago it totally would have come home with me.

Then we took a family nap.

Sunday night, though was much more interesting:

Cleveland from the water.

We took the Dude on his first boat ride:

The Dude's First Boat Ride
Two very happy dudes.
2 of his 5 favorite things are water and wind so there was pretty much no chance he wasn't going to love it:

The Dude's First Boat Ride
THAT.
The Dude's First Boat Ride
I"ll just go ahead and drive now, ok?
His sister was pretty into it this year, too:

The Dude's First Boat Ride
They look so much alike sometimes it's unsettling.
 And I'm pretty sure my mom got what she wanted for Mother's Day:

The Dude's First Boat Ride
The dude saying GRANDMA and a pile of grandkids to hang with.  Also a hanging basket from Buyers Outlet picked out by a very opinionated 3 year old.
Overall it was a pretty spectacular weekend!
Group shot.  First one of the year I'm told.
The next morning the girl was all "Why didn't papa catch any fish?  Did he forget?  He has to go back to there and get some fish."  Clearly she has it all figured out.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...