April 19, 2010

The Other Side of the Bridge

So I made it. I’m 30. And I’m home from what was one of the best trips ever. Good friends, good wine, good location…and upgrading to a convertible didn’t exactly hurt, either:
Golden Gate Bridge

Me and Michele on the Golden Gate Bridge


Golden Gate Bridge
Matt and Shayne on the Golden Gate Bridge


Golden Gate Bridge

Driving across the Golden Gate in a Convertible? DID NOT SUCK.

We only had time for a buzz by tour of San Fran before we had to head out to Napa but with our top down we got to see quite a few sights in that short time:

Quick Tour
City Hall

Quick Tour

Lombard Street/Coit Tower

Quick Tour
Painted Ladies

Quick Tour
Street car in front of the Transamerica Pyramid

We even got to check out a few of our old stomping grounds:
Quick Tour
We lived here in 2002.

Anyways I’m still sorting through all of the photographs from the trip but I did wanted to share that I finished my Traveling Woman right on time. Blocked it the night before and unpinned it literally while the taxi to the airport was waiting outside. Good thing, too… convertibles are WINDY:
Muir Woods
Perfect size for a headscarf. Used it to keep my long hair from turning into a tangled mess all weekend.

Yay for useful handknits!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous time! Thanks for the great pictures--I love the way you captured the motion in these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 30! You won my yarn giveaway! Go to my blog profile and there is a link for my email address so I know where to send the yarn. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found the Lesser Known Skeins my group on Ravelry.
    It's a great group of fiber artists and you will enjoy reading and commenting on their blog.
    We also have a web site you should check out.
    I made your Dreams of Spring Hat and while ago.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...