April 25, 2008

Green!

Right so I did not get to the plying last night. Mainly because I don’t own a lazy kate and I only have 3 bobbins so even with a kate I’d have nothing to spin onto. Also we went out but that’s beside the point.
single ply
Yarnballs!
single ply
I wound them by hand because I was super concerned that if I used my winder I would break the yarn and ‘eff up the stripey goodness.
single ply
Tonight Matt is going to a concert with a whole slew of guys (it’s some Pittsburgh band.. the Clerks? Clarks? Clucks? Chucks? Something like that) so I have a hot date with my spinning wheel. And something tells me that spinning after happy hour is the best plan ever.

In other news…
horned melon

Lauren was the closest and I totally called it:
horned melon
Horned Melons are Green! Crazy, right!
horned melon
And we were so excited about this development that clearly we had to send a picture message to everyone we know with the title “look what we bought!” Clearly.

By the way horned melons are not very tasty at all. The pulp has the same consistency as jelly and is quite sour and filled with seeds. Yuck. The really weird part is that it smells exactly like the cucumber melon scent from bath and body works. I think it would best be used as a garnish:
horned melon garnish
Not so perfect on white wine but I’ll bet if you slapped that sucker onto a melon/vodka “martini” you could sell it for like 18 bucks. Yuppies eat that shit up. Later on we did find a recipe for beef with horned melon sauce but I’m pretty sure no good can come of that.
horned melon garnish
Have a great weekend everyone!

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:19 PM

    Pretty spinning! Interesting horney pommegranite lookin something there. Fruit? Looks kinda cool inside. Too bad it doesn't taste as "cool" as it looks. Thanks for that heads up!
    Have a good weekend too. :) P.s. How's Dexy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:58 PM

    I have never ever seen a melon like that before! How funny that your spinning kinda matches it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! I never would've guessed green and seedy for the flesh! Duuuude - that is *so* going to be our first song!

    "And now, playing their debut platinum single, 'Green and Seedy', THIS. IS. HORNY MELON FLESH!"

    *screaming fans*

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK so the melon looks totally cool, bummer it tastes yucky! I did notice that your yarn, looks like it would blend with the melon! Same shades!! Have fun spinning

    ReplyDelete
  5. that fruit is just too darned cute....for some reason to me it looks kinda like a little horned toad.

    hope you didn't get dizzy with all the spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Green?? Not purple??? I'm so disappointed. :P

    Have a great time spinning. I can't wait to see your new yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your pretty yarn matches your weirdo fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. might be the pregnancy thing, but when i read beef w/ horned melon sauce, i think i threw up a little in my mouth :oD

    makes for a very purdy conversation piece, if nothing else, right?

    fun posts, jeanne - fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ew. It looks jelly-like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yarn=Pretty!

    Fruit=interesting. Too bad it tasted so bad. Fun little experiment.

    Good luck with the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Learn something new everday!!! ;oD

    Nice how your yarn and the melon match!

    LOL @ yuppie comment!

    Hey is Cleve warming up a bit yet?? ;op

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:57 AM

    The spinning looks terrific! Love those colors. And the horned melon garnish is, well, interesting! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to know about the melon! They always look attractive, but now I know I don't need to buy it - the colors of it could definitely be an inspiration, though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous3:43 PM

    Well, at least it looked pretty!

    Some things are bad tasting and ugly too. That's the double whammy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those yarnballs! Colorway is great! And I HATE spending $18 for a martini - some of the places in downtown Chicago think they can get away with that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad the fiber color coordinated with the horned melon. That's awesome. :) And even if it didn't taste very good, it was worth getting for the pictures - the pulpy bits inside look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...